Thursday, September 15, 2011

Quick Update

We dont have internet at the hospital where we are staying right now. Hopefully that will be fixed pretty soon though. I have had a pretty busy and tiring week with work starting in the afternoons and german class in the mornings.  Monday night I got to meet up with one of my classmates to watch a soccer game.  Tuesday night I met up with a guy from who is going to meet with me to hang out and practice speaking in German.  We went and ate dinner then went and met up with some other of my classmates and watched another game.  You can find a soccer game to watch every day of the week here.  Yesterday we working with the kids in Floha, well playing with them, and one of their dads showed up.  He was drunk and drinking more.  He talked with the lady in charge most of the time, but he was really not that threatening which was the only good thing about it.  He is a Nazi as best I could tell. He thought I was from England and wanted to talk with me about the Bible and about what he believes.  Once he found out I was from America he didnt seem to really want to talk with me.  I am really not sure why that made a difference.  I tried to ask the German girl on our team, but I couldnt understand her response and I dont think she wanted to talk about him too much.  I am very interested in talking with the guy though. Hopefully once I learn German a little better I amy get another chance.  Most of the people in my class have been very interesting to discuss our religions with. One guy from China told me he wants to come to church with us sometime.  Im excited about this, but I am not going to be at church for the next two weeks so I hope he doesnt lose interest during that time.  This weekend we are going to a youth workers conference or something.  The next weekend I will be in Romania.  Oh yea, next Wednesday I am driving some people to Romania.  Again, as best as I can tell, it is kind of a mission trip they do every year at least once.  I think we will be taking supplies and things to poor areas in Romania.  One of my friends from the class is form Romania and has asked if we have an open seat.  I have not asked yet, but I hope he will be able to come with us.  He is fun to talk with.  He is an Eastern Orthodox Christian and after the class I took I am very interested in learning more from him.  I think that there were some aspects of Christianity the West may have lost in the Great Schism.  Anyways, more later.  Peace

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you are enjoying quite a variety of experiences.So you are the driver for all these trips--very interesting!!

    Thanks as always for sharing your adventures with us. Hope you will tell us a lot about Romania.

    ReplyDelete